See why most dampers perform poorly and cost you money.
- Traditional dampers are located in the “throat” of a fireplace. They are made of cast iron and are housed in a low-tech framework. Cast-iron plate and frame do not seal tightly, allowing energy dollars to escape.
- These cast-iron dampers do not seal well—they have a leaky, rough, metal-to-metal seal.
- Recent lab studies have shown that even a new throat damper can leak up to $200 of heating and cooling a year. Imagine how much energy an old, rusted-out damper leaks!
The Lock-Top Energy-Saving Damper seals tightly to save you money
- Lock-Top’s rubber gasket seals tightly like a storm door for your fireplace, and keeps heating and cooling dollars where they should be—in your home.
- Lock-Top mounts on top of your chimney to keep out animals and rain.
- Lock-Top easily operates from inside your firebox and seals tight every time you close it—eliminating any draft.
Installation: How it Works